April 22, 2022
HCA Healthcare recognized for its commitment to colleague success
Anchorage, AK, April 21, 2022 – Alaska Regional Hospital, an HCA Healthcare hospital that employs more than 1,000 Alaskans, today announced that HCA Healthcare has been recognized for the second consecutive year on the 2022 LinkedIn Top Companies ranking, an annual list that helps professionals identify the top workplaces to grow their careers.
The list recognizes the top 50 organizations in the U.S. using LinkedIn data to rank companies based on seven pillars that have been shown to lead to career progression: ability to advance; skills growth; external opportunity; company stability; company affinity; gender diversity and educational background.
“We are proud to be a part of HCA Healthcare, and we benefit every day from the company’s commitment to supporting colleagues and clinicians,” said Jennifer Opsut, chief executive officer of Alaska Regional Hospital. “We’re able to deliver the best care to our fellow Alaskans in large part due to way HCA Healthcare helps our amazing team develop and grow, so it’s exciting to see the organization recognized again as a Top Company by LinkedIn.”
HCA Healthcare believes that better leaders help provide better patient experiences. The HCA Healthcare Leadership Institute is a Center of Excellence aimed at developing leaders who embrace HCA Healthcare’s culture, perform at high levels and help advance its mission to care for and improve human life. In 2021, the Leadership Institute invested more than 210,200 hours of training for more than 78,600 participants.
HCA Healthcare is also being recognized for its education and development opportunities. The organization offers a variety of programs and benefits to support its more than 283,000 colleagues through professional development and higher education, including:
- HCA Healthcare-Galen College of Nursing Grant: Through its majority ownership of Galen College of Nursing, the HCA Healthcare-Galen College of Nursing Grant covers the cost of tuition for colleagues pursuing their VN/PN, ADN or BSN without having to pay anything out of pocket to get reimbursed later.
- Tuition Reimbursement: Colleagues can receive up to $5,250 in tax-free reimbursement each year (lifetime maximums apply). Approximately $40 million is reimbursed to colleagues annually under this program.
- Student Loan Assistance: Provides a monthly benefit of $100 for eligible full-time colleagues and $50 for eligible part-time colleagues. HCA Healthcare has assisted with more than $59.2 million in student loan repayments since 2018.
- The Patricia Frist Memorial Scholarship: Eligible dependents of colleagues can receive higher-education scholarships up to $5,000 a year. In 2021, 588 recipients received scholarships totaling more than $2 million.
- Clinical Certifications: HCA Healthcare also supports colleagues who want to obtain specialty clinical certifications by paying testing costs after successful completion of a certification exam. Colleagues also receive bonuses for achieving nationally recognized certifications beyond their current position.
Additionally, HCA Healthcare remains focused on strengthening the diversity of its colleagues. In 2021, 35% of the organization’s new hires to management and supervisory roles were people of color, a 10% increase from the prior year.
The organization has a colleague-run, colleague-supported charity called the HCA Healthcare Hope Fund that helps colleagues and their immediate families when faced with financial hardship due to natural disaster, illness, injury, domestic violence, death of a loved one or other difficult situations. In 2021, the Hope Fund provided $10.4 million to help more than 4,800 HCA Healthcare families.
Additionally, HCA Healthcare was recently recognized for the twelfth time as a World’s Most Ethical Company by Ethisphere for demonstrating exceptional leadership and a commitment to integrity through best-in-class ethics, compliance and governance practices.
For more information about career opportunities at HCA Healthcare, please visit: https://careers.hcahealthcare.com/
About Alaska Regional Hospital
For more than 50 years Alaska Regional has been fulfilling the medical needs of Alaskans, continually improving the scope of services and skills available within the state. With more than 1,000 employees and 700 active and affiliated physicians, Alaska Regional offers a broad spectrum of health services to the community. The hospital joined HCA Healthcare in 1994, giving Alaskans access to the advanced medical resources of one of the nation’s leading healthcare providers.
About HCA Healthcare
Nashville-based HCA Healthcare is one of the nation’s leading providers of healthcare services comprising 182 hospitals and approximately 2,200 ambulatory sites of care, including surgery centers, freestanding ERs, urgent care centers, and physician clinics, in 20 states and the United Kingdom. With its founding in 1968, HCA Healthcare created a new model for hospital care in the United States, using combined resources to strengthen hospitals, deliver patient-focused care and improve the practice of medicine. HCA Healthcare has conducted a number of clinical studies, including one that demonstrated that full-term delivery is healthier than early elective delivery of babies and another that identified a clinical protocol that can reduce bloodstream infections in ICU patients by 44%. HCA Healthcare is a learning health system that uses its more than 35 million annual patient encounters to advance science, improve patient care and save lives. Please connect with HCA Healthcare on social media.