Performance you can trust
It's one thing to say that you're better, but it's another thing altogether to demonstrate that you are. Alaska Regional Hospital is proud of our track record of excellence in patient care. The high-quality care we consistently deliver has earned national and state recognition from third-party healthcare ratings organizations - year after year:
- The Healthgrades Patient Safety Excellence Award™ recognizes hospitals in the top 10% in the nation for patient safety.
- Alaska Regional Hospital has been nationally recognized by the Leapfrog Group with an “A” safety grade for fall 2021. It is the only A grade awarded to an Alaska hospital! This distinction recognizes Alaska Regional’s accomplishments in protecting patients from medical harm and error.
- We received Comprehensive Stroke Center Certification from DNV, making us the first and only hospital in Alaska to receive this designation, reflecting the highest level of competence for treatment of serious stroke events.
- Alaska Regional received the American Heart Association/American Stroke Association’s Get With The Guidelines®–Stroke Gold Plus Quality Achievement Award recognizing the hospital’s commitment to ensuring stroke patients receive the most appropriate treatment according to nationally recognized, research-based guidelines based on the latest scientific evidence.
- Chest Pain Center accreditation, as well as accreditation for the treatment of Heart Failure and Atrial Fibrillation by the Society of Cardiovascular Patient Care
- One of only four hospitals in Alaska named among the Top Performers on Key Quality Measures® in 2015. Recognized for heart attack and pneumonia treatment and surgical care (The Joint Commission 2015)
- ER staff certified in advanced cardiac life support, pediatric advanced life support trauma care, and stroke screening (National Institute of Health)
- Cancer program certification (American College of Surgeons)
- Partner with the Alaska Cancer Care Alliance to offer on-campus cancer-fighting resources, research, and support groups. Patient navigation provided by the American Cancer Society
- Center of Excellence: Center of Excellence in Robotic Surgery (COERS) by Surgical Review Corporation
- Greenhealth Partner for Change Award (Practice Greenhealth 2015 and 2014)
- CNOR(R) Strong designation from the Competency & Credentialing Institute (CCI) for having at least 50 percent of its OR nursing staff CNOR certified