Learn more about physician opportunities at Alaska Regional Hospital and HCA.
If you have questions about the application process, please contact our Medical Staff Office at (907) 264-1261.
Please contact the ARH Medical Staff Office for an RFC (Request for Consideration).
Please note the following:
- It takes approximately 60 days for the CPC to process your request. You should not submit a request more than 100 days from your start date.
- The licensing process for Alaska may take some time. If you do not have an Alaska License or a DEA with an Alaska address your file cannot move forward. If you RFC has been submitted for more that 6 months and all information has not been submitted/received then you will need to re-sign and confirm any changes.
- The Credentialing Process is as follows: The Credentials Committee meets monthly, Medical Executive Committee follows the Credentials Committee Meeting monthly, and the Hospital’s Board of Trustees also meets bi-monthly and has final approval of your requested privileges.
- Provisional Staff Status is a minimum of twelve (12) months, not to exceed twenty-four (24) months. Provisional Staff Members are required to have ER Call responsibilities. You cannot be placed on the ER call schedule until you have gone through the credentialing process.
- Gaps of thirty (30) days or greater from completion of medical school to present must be accounted for, or your application will be considered incomplete.
Alaska Regional Hospital is part of the Mountain Star Division of HCA. The Division office is headquartered in Salt Lake City, Utah.
Hospital Corporation of America (HCA) is the nation’s leading provider of healthcare services, composed of locally managed facilities that include 163 hospitals and 104 outpatient centers in 20 states and England. At its founding in 1968, Nashville-based HCA was one of the nation’s first hospital companies – founded by physicians, for physicians.